Our personal consumer choices have ecological, social, and spiritual consequences. It is time to re-examine
some of our deeply held notions that underlie our lifestyles. – David Suzuki
David Suzuki has graced our television screens and airwaves for more than 30 years. Through his tireless journalistic work he brings us stories of the world around us and awareness of the issues that threaten to destroy it. His prolific career has seen him take on the roles of Canadian academic, science broadcaster and environmental activist. His mission is to get people everywhere to examine the way they live and what our actions mean for the life and health of our environment.
Dr. Suzuki is the recipient of the Order of Canada (as an Officer and as a Companion), the Order of British Columbia, UNESCO’s Kalinga Prize for science and a long list of other Canadian and international awards. Despite these honours, he has never shied away from openly criticizing governments the world over for their lack of action to protect the environment and to bring attention to issues such as global warming, cleaner energy practices and sustainability.
Dr. Suzuki is a great example of how anyone at any age can continue to affect change and make a positive difference.
1. See what is happening locally with The David Suzuki foundation. There are opportunities to volunteer in communities all over, so get up and get going.
2. Sign the “Declaration of Independence” the founding document of David Suzuki’s lifelong mission.
3. Download the Suzuki Foundation’s Playlist for the Planet or buy the CD in stores. Every revolution needs a soundtrack!
See what’s new on his Facebook page
Listen to podcasts of CBC’s The Bottom Line, with David Suzuki
2. Watch. Dr. Suzuki’s new movie Force of Nature – The David Suzuki Movie
3. The Nature of Things is Dr. Suzuki’s long-running television show that can be seen on CBC. Enjoy the stories from around the globe and find out how our world is changing and what we can do to help.
A single act, done by many, makes a big difference. Join the Green Heroes™ Academy to discover green acts that are fun to do and that earn you points on your way to becoming a Green Hero too!