Just like our Green Hero Vandana Shiva, we all want to do our part and eat as local as possible. When you are eating at a restaurant and want to try your best to support locally grown food, try checking off the following list to keep your food within Ontario:
1. Check the menu to see if there is an Ontario-grown symbol beside some menu items or if the farms are listed beside different items
2. Ask the server where certain products are from, such as the meat or vegetables
3. Check for any specials that are local, which is a new trend in many restaurants these days
4. Some restaurants may also list that their food is Certified Local Sustainable: http://www.localfoodplus.ca/
5. Search the Savor Ontario site for a listing of restaurants serving locally grown food: http://www.foodland.gov.on.ca/savour/en/index.html
Happy eating, from your Green Heroes™ team!
Watch and learn about our celebrity Green Heroes
Join the Green Heroes™ Academy App to complete challenges and secret missions to become an honorary Green Hero too!
Sign up for our newsletter
Follow us on Twitter
Become our fan on Facebook